What To Expect When You Visit Bexleyheath Chiropractic Clinic
Your Initial Visit Will Include:
- A private consultation with a Doctor of Chiropractic
- A thorough joint/spine examination including orthopaedic and neurological tests
- A confidential report of our findings
- An explanation of our treatment procedure if we determine that Chiropractic is suitable for you
- A referral to the appropriate specialist or other therapist if we determine that Chiropractic cannot help you
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
You are usually motivated by pain. We are looking for the ‘cause’ of that pain. There are no quick fixes and it is pointless to simply ‘patch up’ the cause of your pain. Treating the cause should trigger a healing process. Most patients are put onto a Treatment Programme. The average patient is treated over about a 3 month period and many of those patients are recommended an occasional ‘check up’ to maintain their improvement. The cause of some peoples’ pain is corrected in a couple of treatments, whilst others will need 12 or more visits depending on the original injury or problem. Those that need more treatments are re-examined and monitored to ensure they are improving properly.
“We treat the cause not the symptoms”
What Is The Treatment?
Our treatment comprises of various chiropractic techniques. Manipulation is the main skill where little clicks are heard – these are also called spinal adjustments. Also soft tissue work, core training & stretching and posture advice. The treatment applied will be based on the age and health of the patient.
We consider your home and work environment, activities and hobbies, anything that could be affecting your health status.